American Vandal Season 2 Review

Back to Article
Back to Article

American Vandal Season 2 Review

Toby Wynn, Staff Writer

I began American Vandal’s second season about a week ago and finished it in less than 24 hours. It was that good. For those of you who have yet to watch season 1, I strongly recommend watching that first. American Vandal is an eight-episode Netflix mini-series that follows Peter Maldonado and Sam Eklund as they uncover high school crimes. Unlike the previous season, however, this season doesn’t take place in a southern California public high school, but in a very wealthy Catholic prep school in a Seattle suburb. Without giving too much away, I’ll say that there was a crime committed at the school that embarrassed almost all the students and faculty. Peter and Sam have to find out who did it.

The most interesting part is that, at the very beginning, someone confesses to the crime, yet Peter and Sam are still convinced that the person who confessed is innocent. Throughout the show, I learned the ins and outs of investigative journalism and detective work but it’s different from most true crime shows. Unlike most true crime shows, this takes place from the perspective of two high school students investigating a high school crime. This makes it easier for me to relate to the potential criminals due to what was potentially at stake. Like season one, I was blown away by how accurately they portrayed high school life. While watching I was extremely engaged in the plot and I was literally laughing out loud. I would recommend this show to anyone who likes a good crime story and who’s looking for a laugh.